Monday, February 11, 2008

James Stevens

James Dustin Stevens

James Dustin Stevens, 25, of Mesa passed away February 2, 2008 in an automobile accident. Born in Mesa, AZ, 11 August 1982, he was the son of Wayne & Lisa Wyatt, and Bruce Stevens. Those who knew James will never forget his easy happy nature & vast heart. A friend to old & young, he treasured the little ones in his life. Children gave him great joy. He lived life to the fullest-- hunting & fishing, cooking, video gaming, trampoline jumping. James was fun. How can we say how much we miss you! Moments before his passing, he planned a snowboarding trip w/ cousins & friends and was driving to work where his folks depended on him to manage their Taco Time/Samurai Sam's Restaurant. A Westwood High grad & Eagle Scout, he served a mission, and attended Mesa CC, studying Const. Mgt. He looked forward to marriage & family life. He is survived by his parents, Lisa & Wayne Wyatt, and their children & grandchildren: Chaleece (Jeremy) Sandberg; Stephanie (Dan) Filbrun; Jared (Charity) Wyatt; Clayton (Shalayne) Wyatt; Taylor Wyatt; Doug Stevens; Lynsie Wyatt; and little Wendy; his grandparents: Al Stevens, Milli Packard, John & Elisa Wyatt, and Ingeborg Stumbecker; and many loving aunts, uncles & cousins. He was preceded in death by his father, Bruce Stevens. Funeral services Saturday, February 9th, 10am, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Beverly Chapel, w/Viewing 9am; 1054 W 2nd Pl. at N Beverly (1 block E of Alma School, S of Univ). Arrangements Allen Funeral Home, 1130 S Horne, Mesa; 480-833-1716.

Here is the last picture we took of all the boys.

Some pictures at the cemetery

There were so many people that came to James' funeral it was really nice. I think everybody there could feel the Spirit so strongly in the chapel. It was He was such a great guy and anyone that knew him loved him. It was great of everybody to come to the funeral and support our family and honor the life of James. We all loved him very much and will miss him dearly.

9 comments:

The Bridges said...

Shalayne and Clayton, I'm so sorry for your loss. Joe said something to Carli about it. She told me immediately and we startled "googling" to see if it was true. Since we didn't find his name in the news or his obituary, we were hoping it didn't happen. I am so so sorry!

Lisa Harris said...

I'm glad the funeral went well. I am truly sorry that this happened. We love you guys..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OH My! It is such a small world! I totally know your husbands whole family and never put two and two together! My sister is best friends with Stephanie.
Such a heartbreaking story. Hope you guys are doing okay.

Tyra said...

Hey we were sorry to hear about claytons brother, we hope that you guys are doing ok. we found out to late or we would have come to the funeral.

Jade said...

I was so sad to hear about your family's loss! I am glad that the funeral was wonderful and that the spirit was there so strongly. I think that definately makes it all make more sense and gives you a comforting feeling that it will all be alright. I am happy you got back home safely. love ya!

jillian said...

I am so sorry about your loss...its always comforting to know that someday you will be with him again. Be strong, and give clayton all my love!

Rachel Hagen said...

I'm really sorry about your loss. Please send my deepest condolences.

David and Shalynna said...

Shalayne and Clayton,
We are so sorry to hear this news. You two and your families will be in our thoughts and prayers. It's a blessing to know that you both have strong testimonies about eternal families and you will continue to find comfort in the gospel truths. We love you both.